Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Meet Israel's Charming New Justice Minister

Hi, Ayelet Shaked here. I'm Israel's BRAND SPANKING NEW (5/15) justice minister. Welcome to my FB page.

Let me introduce myself: I'm 39-years-young, a software engineer by training, my party is 'Jewish Home', and my hero is Yitzhak Shamir. And I like Israel. No, just joking. I love Israel! XOXOXO

What I hate is... Palestinians. They really suck! You see:

"The Palestinian people have declared war on us, and so we must respond with war.

"No, no, no, not just another operation... no destruction of terror infrastructure, no targeted killings, none of that nonsense. Enough already with the oblique references, OK?

This is a war. Know WTF that means, war?

"No, no, no, not a war against terror, or against extremists, and certainly not a war against the Palestinian Authority...

"No, this is a war between two people.

"And the enemy is? You guessed it: The PALESTINIAN PEOPLE!

"And why are they the enemy? Hell's bells, don't ask me, ask them! They started it, OK?

"Shit, I just don't understand why it's so damn hard to speak plainly about these things. Why do we have to make up a new name for this war against the Palestinian people every other week? Why is everyone so horrified when it comes to understanding that the Palestinian people, every last one of them, is the enemy?

"For G-d's sake, every war is a war between two peoples, and in every war the people who started the war, every single one, is the enemy, OK?

"So declaring war's no war crime. Nor is responding with war. Nor is using the word war. Nor is clearly defining who the enemy is. On the contrary, the morality of war, is based on the assumption that there are wars, that war is not normal, and that in wars the enemy is usually an entire people, its elderly, its women, its cities, its villages, its property and its infrastructure...

"Look, behind every terrorist stand dozens of men and women, without whom he could not engage in terrorism. They are all enemy combatants, and their blood shall be on all their heads, and this includes the mothers of the martyrs, who send them to hell with flowers and kisses. They should follow their sons. Nothing could be more just than that! Yeah, and the same for the homes in which they raised those snakes. Otherwise, more little snakes will be raised there."*

[*My ever-so-slightly tweaked translation of a posting - since deleted - on Ayelet Shaked's FB page. See Israeli lawmaker's call for genocide of Palestinians gets thousands of Facebook likes, electronicintifada, 7/7/14.]

No comments: