Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Craving the Krav (Maga}

Oh to be blissfully unaware, totally unconscious, dead-to-the-world, and all me, myself and I-ish just like the author of this promotional morsel in an airline magazine - which was passed it on to me by some wag - why me? - with that annoying, seemingly obligatory order when one is handed food these days: 'enjoy'. Here's my pared-down version. Enjoy:

"Seeking out the gym for my first krav maga class in Melbourne's Caulfield, I couldn't help but note the many local restaurant options. If nothing else, that was going to be my motivation for going all-in.

"In Hebrew, krav maga means 'contact combat' and is popularly known as the self-defence system used by the Israel Defense Forces... Class starts and our instructor casually mentions he used to be a sniper (gulp)... It's easy to imagine krav maga as brutal and masters of the sport being aggressive hotheads always looking for a fight... "

What?! The IDF? Aggressive hotheads always looking for a fight? Never!

"As I head home... I skip the many enticing dining options this time, but I'm certain I'll be back soon, and with more reason to show up than just excitement over the food."

However, that lovely Max Brenner place I saw on the way...

1 comment:

MERC said...

Hm... so Israel's got to kill "all the Arabs" before it can be described as "aggressive." Interesting. I'll keep it in mind. Thanks for enlightening me.