Monday, December 31, 2018

USrael Unmasked

"US diplomacy in the Middle East is bound with hoops of iron to the most chauvinist advocates of a greater Israel. Not an onion skin separates the White House from Israeli prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu. When the time comes, for example, it's hard to see the administration resisting annexation of the West Bank. Any pretence at an honest-broker role is abandoned and the alliance with the Saudi royals is the one other pillar of US strategy. Links between Jared Kushner and Saudi's Crown Prince resemble a romance between royal houses." (Trump's overriding success is as radical agent for change, Bob Carr, The Australian, 29/12/18)

"I spoke with Bibi. I told Bibi, you know we give Israel $4.5 billion a year. And they are doing very well at defending themselves. I'm the one that moved the embassy to Jerusalem. I was the one who was willing to do that. So that's the way it is - we are going to take great care of Israel. Israel is going to be good. We give Israel $4.5 billion a year. And we give frankly a lot more than that if you look at the books. They've been doing a good job." (Donald Trump quoted in Trump on Syria withdrawal: We give Israel billions of dollars, they'll be OK, Amir Tibon, Haaretz, 27/12/18)

2 comments:

Grappler said...

"Gratitude" is not part of the Zionist vocabulary.

Anonymous said...

Grappler,

You seem to be the major commentator here. I wish there were more. But just to let you know, I agree with most of your comments and appreciate your input. I must remain as "anonymous" since I cannot bear to join with any of the comment social media groups. For the same reason I cannot become a "follower" but I am 100% with you and Merc. God bless you and all the best for 2019.