Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Hillary Clinton & the Invasion of Iraq

As Hillary Clinton looks set to become the next US president, it should never be forgotten (or forgiven) that she voted for the 2003 US invasion of Iraq, and that 9/11, which Saddam Hussein had absolutely nothing to do with, was uppermost in her thinking at the time:

"I am honored to represent nearly 9 million New Yorkers... I come to this decision [to authorize the use of the USAF against Iraq] from the perspective of a Senator from New York who has seen all too closely the consequences of last year's terrorist attacks on our nation. In balancing the risks of action vs inaction, I think New Yorkers who have gone through the fires of hell may be more attuned to the risk of not acting. I know I am. So it is with conviction that I support this resolution." (Senate, 10/10/02)

Have a nice (US election) day...

No comments: